When it’s time to sell your house, you want to do what is best for you. Your two basic options are either to use a real estate agent or to do a for sale by owner (FSBO) deal. But which is the better route to take? If you hire an agent, you will have to pay her a commission, but if you sell it yourself, you get to keep all the money, right? The problem is, though, there is far more to it than that. So let’s look at the benefits of hiring an agent over an FSBO in Los Angeles.
Benefits of Hiring an Agent Over an FSBO in Los Angeles Listed
Hiring an agent (instead of doing an FSBO) in Los Angeles comes with multiple benefits, including:
- Agents are filters. A great benefit of using an agent is that it can save you considerable time. Your agent can separate the tire kicker from the serious buyers early on in the process.
- Agents are objective. An agent won’t have the emotional attachment to your home that you do. That means your agent will be a better negotiator and can usually get you a better price
- Agents understand the market. An agent will know the prices in your area and what features buyers find most attractive in your particular niche market.
- Agents remain available. The relationship you forge with your agent doesn’t end when the contract is signed. Your agent will still be available to answer questions or address concerns after closing.
- Agents save you work, time, and money. Your agent will do the all the work you would have to do yourself with an FSBO.
Other Top Benefits of Hiring an Agent in Los Angeles
An important benefit of hiring an agent in [market-city] is that they are usually bound by the National Association of Realtors’ (NAR’s) code of ethics to always put your interests above their own. The NAR code also holds agents accountable for making full disclosures about a property’s problems and issues for truth in advertising, which is required by law for sellers. Basically, this ensures that you can trust your agent to do what is right and what is best for you.
Agents have the experience and industry knowledge to allow them to accurately assess the value of your home as soon as they walk through the front door. In addition, your agent will know the value of comparable homes in the neighborhood, which means she can advise you in pricing it right.
You can, of course, check out home prices online yourself, but hiring an agent in [market-city] can help you avoid wasting a lot of time. Your agent can help you find the sweet spot for pricing – one that allows you to get the sale price you need while at the same time promoting a fairly quick sale.
REPAIR REQUESTS AND CONCESSIONS
Repair and concessions requests are an inevitable part of the house-selling process, but it can get a little sticky. Most homes have one or more upgrade/repair issues that need to be addressed, and navigating successfully through this requires a good amount of both experience and skill. Your agent can help you avoid getting taken or giving away too much just to close the deal.
There are, then, multiple benefits of hiring an agent over an FSBO in Los Angeles. Your agent really is in your corner and trying to get you the best deal possible. For one thing, her livelihood depends on it. And, besides, it just makes sense to save time, effort, and money whenever you can.